If you’ve been considering purchasing a member of Samsung’s ultra-high-end Galaxy S22 family for more than a while, you probably already know that it’s incredibly easy to save up to… 100 percent off the list price of one of these. absolute mobile beasts.
But if you’re looking for a completely free “vanilla” S22, one thing was guaranteed until today: you had to trade in an existing device, whether it was a recent Galaxy high-ender or even something like an S9 or iPhone X with a broken screen.
If that was a major inconvenience to you, T-Mobile is here to eliminate it, giving you the choice between a trade-in and a new line of service. Whether you’re a new or current Magenta subscriber, all you need to do starting today is drop the regular $799.99 price of a 6.1-inch Galaxy S22 5G to $0 Open Magenta Max line and wait for your monthly billing credits to come in.
The same $800 discount with no trade-in required can of course be scored on the S22+ and S22 Ultra, as well as on the Galaxy S21 series, Note 20 Ultra, Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Z Fold 3. That’s not all. all of the best (high-end) Samsung mobile devices currently available, as well as some of the overall best phones you can buy in 2022.
After considering the $800 price cut, you’ll want to spend just $200 for the S22 Plus and Z Flip 3 5G, $400 for the S22 Ultra, and $1,000 for the Z Fold 3. Sure, if you prefer a new line of unlimited Magenta Max service from an old handset, you can still do that without any other obligations, although unfortunately Samsung’s flagships don’t qualify for T-Mo’s huge “trade-in only” savings.
Instead, here’s how the comprehensive eligibility lists are broken down at the time of writing:
Up to $800 off with the following trade-in:
- iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS/XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 12/Mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 13/Mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 ProMax ;
- Samsung Galaxy S22/Plus/Ultra, Galaxy S21/Plus/Ultra/S21 FE, Galaxy S20/Plus/Ultra/S20 FE, Galaxy S10/S10e/Plus/S10 5G, Galaxy S9/Plus, Galaxy S8/Plus/Active, Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Note 10/Plus/Lite, Galaxy Note 20/Ultra, Galaxy Z Flip 3, Galaxy Z Fold 3, Galaxy Z Fold 2, Galaxy Z Fold, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Flip;
- OnePlus 9 Pro 5G, 9 5G, 8T+ 5G, 8T, 8 Pro 5G, 8 5G;
- Google Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 5;
- Motorola Razr 4G, Razr 5G.
Up to $400 off with the following trade-in:
- Apple iPhone 6/Plus, iPhone 6S/Plus, iPhone 7/7Plus, iPhone 8/8Plus, iPhone SE 2, iPhone SE 3;
- Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge/Active/Edge Duo, Galaxy A32, Galaxy A32 5G, Galaxy A51, Galaxy A51 5G, Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52 5G, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A71, Galaxy A71 5G;
- OnePlus 7T Pro, 7T Pro McLaren, 7T, 7 Pro 5G, 7 Pro, 7, N10 5G, N100, N200;
- Google Pixel 3/XL, Pixel 3a/XL, Pixel 4/XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G;
- LG Velvet, V50 ThinQ, V60 ThinQ.
Keep in mind that whatever you think you trade in must be in “good” condition to be accepted, and to get that maximum trade-in value, you must also be a Magenta Max subscriber or switch to that “premium” subscription . Otherwise, the $800 and $400 credits will shrink to $600 and $300 respectively, which is also decent, but not quite the same.