To uninstall avast antivirus follow the following steps
Avast Antivirus software used to remove the malware viruses from pc or laptop. The Avast Antivirus has a special Self-Defense mode that restricts malicious software from uninstalling Avast from your system. Unfortunately, this means you can’t uninstall it either.
How to Disable Avast’s Self-Defense Mode
for disabling avast disabling mode follow these steps.
Open the Avast user interface and click Menu at the top of the user interface.
Select Settings from the drop-down menu that appears.
When click on setting this opens a new Settings window where the yellow arrow is indicating. Then select General from the left navigation pane and next select Troubleshooting from the sub-menu.
Deselect the checkbox beside Enable Self-Defense to turn Self-Defense mode off.
After deselecting this opens a pop-up window requesting you to confirm. Select OK to confirm the change.
click ok the Self-Defense mode is turned off. You can close the Settings window now.
Now complete uninstall avast
Avast Self-Defense is disabled, you’re ready to uninstall Avast Antivirus.
- Choose the Start menu from the search bar of your window and type Control Panel. Select the Control Panel app to open it.
- in the control panel window of your computer select Programs and Features.
- In the Programs and Features window, scroll down the cursor to the Avast Antivirus application and select it. Click on Uninstall to begin the uninstall process.
- This will launch Avast’s configuration screen where there are many options available to modify the Avast installation. The main options are (Update, Repair, or Modify). You will see the Uninstall button at the bottom of this window. Select it to launch the Avast uninstall process.
- You will see a confirmation window requesting you if you really want to uninstall Avast. Select the Yes button.
- after clicking yes this will launch the Avast uninstallation process. It may take a few seconds for the progress bar to complete as the uninstallation deletes all of the Avast files distributed throughout your system.
- After uninstallation, Select the Restart computer button to finish.
- Restarting your computer will complete the uninstallation process.