Asus unveiled its Android 12 released roadmap last year and respected all time frames. ZenFone 8 series has already received the update, as well as ROG Phone 5 and 5s series, which were updated to Android 12 two months ago.
True to its promise, Asus is now rolling out another Android 12, but this time it focuses on the ZenFone 7 series. If you have the ZenFone 7 or . ZenFone 7 Pro, you will receive the update very soon, Asus announced today on its official forum†
In addition to upgrading the operating system to Android 12, the update also introduces some other changes specific to Asus phones. Below are the highlights of the Android 12 update for ZenFone 7 series:
- Redesigned Mobile Manager, Contacts, Phone, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Weather, Sound Recorder, Settings, Data Transfer, Local Backup, Setup Wizard, System Update Apps
- Custom Quick Settings panel, notification tray and volume panel to Android 12 design
- Added privacy dashboard features, camera and microphone indicators, clipboard access, approximate location access and microphone access
- ASUS Safeguard replaced with stock Emergency SOS
- Introducing the new widget page design in Launcher. Moved the screenshot option and removed the hotseat app icons on the overview page.
- Removed Quick Settings layout option in display settings
- ASUS Phone has removed support for SIP calls
- Added System Charging Animation
- Merge Wi-Fi and Mobile Network Options with Internet Settings
Asus also announced that it is now rolling out the update in waves to different serial numbers, so it may take a few days for ZenFone 7 series users to get the notification. However, you can always check if the update is available by going to Settings / System Updates. You can also refer to Asus’ step-by-step guide on how to update the firmware manually if you don’t want to wait.